Mark your calendars for World Mental Health Day, observed annually around the globe on 10 October. To celebrate this occasion in Europe, Mental Health Europe will host and get involved in a number of events, bringing together policy makers, stakeholders, members and allies, to raise awareness about the issue and to discuss key topics related to mental health.
We invite you to join us for the following events:
09 October, 14:00 – 18:30
“The future of work and mental health – Ensuring quality employment in an ever-changing context” capacity-building seminar
Location: Brussels │ Venue: ICF SA, Avenue Marnix 17, 1000, Brussels, Magritte Meeting Room – 4th floor
On the eve of the World Mental Health Day, the European Alliance for Mental Health – Employment & Work is organising a capacity-building seminar “The future of work and mental health – Ensuring quality employment in an ever-changing context”.
The seminar will aim to discuss how changes in the world of work impact mental health and well-being and what can be done to adequately address these changes. The event will be relevant for EU and (sub-)national policy-makers, businesses, academia, social partners, civil society and advocacy organisations. The seminar will provide an opportunity for participants to exchange and learn more from each other.
10 October, 10:00 – 13:00, followed by a networking lunch
Be RIGHT Final Conference
Location: Brussels │ Venue: Avenue des Arts 8, c/o CCI Groundfloor, 1210 Brussels – Belgium
On 10 October 2019, the Erasmus+ project Be RIGHT will hold its final conference. Be RIGHT is a project that aims to raise awareness about the human rights of people with mental health issues. The Conference will discuss the main outcomes of the project, including:
- the training course on the human rights of people with mental health issues which has been developed for professionals of health and care settings;
- the board game for people with mental health issues so that they can learn and be aware of their rights.
10 October, 14:00 – 16:00
World Mental Health Day 2019 – Mental Health Europe’s event in the European Parliament
Location: Brussels │ Venue: European Parliament, Rue Wiertz 60, Brussels – Room A5G305
On 10 October 2019, Mental Health Europe will bring together policy makers, users and key stakeholders with an interest in suicide prevention which is the topic of this year’s World Mental Health Day. This event will:
- explore the current situation in relation to suicide in Europe;
- identify effective strategies of suicide prevention and share good practices;
- hear personal stories and share the needs of users of mental health services;
- come forward with recommendations to improve the situation and approach to suicide prevention;
- stimulate more EU action on prevention.
The event will be hosted by the members of Mental Health Europe’s Coalition for Mental Health and Wellbeing in the European Parliament. Speakers will include:
- John F. Ryan, European Commission, DG Sante
- Emily Hewlett, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Roisin O’Donovan, The Union of Students in Ireland