The countdown to the European elections has begun: between 23 and 26 May 2019, European citizens from 27 different countries will get to the polls to elect their representatives in the European Parliament for the next 5 years.
The only time where we, Europeans, get to the polls all together. MHE would like to support its membership as well as partners and stakeholders in getting involved in the European Elections. We want to help you understand how your voice can be heard. Together, we can make a difference and bring mental health and wellbeing at the heart of EU policy making.
- Getting involved in the EU Elections is easier than you think. Please join our live webinar on the upcoming elections to:
- Discuss MHE’s Manifesto for Better Mental Health in Europe as well as MHE’s key messages about mental health and wellbeing for the elections
- Identify opportunities to include and mainstream mental health in your own policy area
- Understand how the EU Elections work and how you can get involved
- Hear more about online and useful tools to get to know better the Parliament and future candidates
- Receive insider tips on how to approach (candidates) Members of the European Parliament
10.00 – 10:15 Introduction by MHE Director Claudia Marinetti, ‘The European Institutions, the EU Parliament, and Mental Health”
10.15 – 10.45 Mads Hvid, Head of Projects and Campaigns, European Movement, Understanding the upcoming EU elections, Introducing the On our Watch initiative
10h45-11h Pia Micaleff, Former MEP Assistant, ‘How to catch an MEP’s attention’
11h-11h30 The Manifesto for Better Mental Health in Europe and the Guide to the EU elections, Marie Fallon-Kund, Laura Marchetti, MHE
Followed by open discussions