The Greek Carers Network EPIONI in collaboration with the Panhellenic Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Vocational Rehabilitation (PEPSAEE), Eurocarers, Care Alliance Ireland and La Compagnie des Aidants, has developed a good practice guide for supporting informal carers.
Thanks to the excellent cooperation of institutions from Greece, Belgium, France, Ireland, Cyprus, Italy and the United Kingdom, the “Learn for Carers in Europe” project provided opportunities for:
- The organisations involved, to exchange information on good practices in supporting family caregivers.
- Exchange of information regarding the support services for carers.
- Dissemination of information to professionals supporting carers.
- Increasing communities’ awareness of the issues facing carers.
- Development of proposals regarding the support of carers at local as well as at European level.
The project lasted for 24 months, from December 2018 to November 2020 and included the following activities:
- Meetings (in situ) in Athens and Dublin
- Focus Group Interviews with informal carers, professionals and policymakers.
- Mapping of caregivers needs and good practices.
- Information campaigns
- Website and Social Media (Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin) with information material.
- Video messages from MEPs on the role that family carers play in the sustainability of national health systems.